We reserve the right to review the processes and records associated with this order at all suppliers’ facilities with appropriate notification. This right extends to our customers, applicable regulatory agencies, and any sub-tier suppliers used in the fulfillment of this order.
- Conformance records showing that the items listed above meet specifications are required for each different line item.
- Suppliers must maintain conformance and traceability records regarding the product or service provided in regards to this order.
- All special processes required by this PO must be performed by qualified personnel.
- Any differences between what is listed above and what is provided by the supplier must be clearly identified, communicated and approved prior to shipping.
- Suppliers are not, under any circumstance, granted MRB authority to alter the product characteristics.
- Detection of a nonconforming product regarding any order (currently in work or previously shipped) must be promptly communicated to our quality department for risk assessment.
- If any of this order is outsourced to your suppliers, all applicable requirements and specifications must be communicated (including all applicable key characteristics) to each sub-tier supplier used.
- If providing calibration services, all certificates must identify standards used and must be traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards Technology).
- If the parameters regarding a process described within this order is altered in any way (process, chemicals, facility, etc), supplier agrees to contact and communicate such changes with S&S Machine before proceeding or shipping.
Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
A. S&S Machine, our customers, and any government regulatory agencies have the right to verify quality of work, records, and material at the Subcontractors facility. When such an activity is required, appropriate arrangements will be made.
B. All goods or services are subject to inspection and acceptance by us upon receipt. Inspection will be made within a reasonable time after receipt of goods and any nonconforming conditions discovered will result in a rejection and possible shipment back to the supplier for correction, credit, or replacement.
C. We do have the authority to disposition nonconforming products submitted to us by our supplier if we determine sending back the product is an unacceptable action due to schedule constraints / condition not affecting form, fit, or function.
D. If the supplier becomes aware of a nonconforming condition during processing of our order, we must be notified within 48 hours of the discovery.
E. If the supplier becomes aware of nonconforming product that has already been delivered to us, we must be notified within 24 hours so that we can take necessary action. This may include re-calling product that has already been delivered to our customers.
F. No goods or services that are to be delivered under our PO shall be procured from, or outsourced to, a third party (sub-tier supplier) without prior written consent.
Note: This provision applies only to suppliers of machined and fabricated end item components. Material and hardware distributors are exempt of this provision.
G. Warranties: Seller warrants that all goods or services delivered under this Purchase Order will conform to the requirements of this contract (including all applicable descriptions, specifications, and drawings) and will be free from defect in materials and workmanship.
H. When blueprints or other materials are provided to subcontractor for the fulfillment of a purchase order, the purchase order will note if these documents (or other materials) must be returned with subcontracted items.
I. Certificates of Conformance / Compliance must be received with every shipment and signed by an authorized agent.
The name and title of the authorized agent must be typed or printed with signature. Certificates of Conformance/Compliance which have within their body wording to the effect “to the best of our/my knowledge the product conforms………..” is prohibited. Certificates of Conformance/Compliance must contain the following (as applicable according to items being purchased):
o Purchase contract number
o Part Name
o Part Number
o Part number revision + all change notices (i.e. ECO, ECN, DCN, ADCN)
o Specification(s) Revision or issue date
o Batch / Lot # when applicable
o Mfg. Date when applicable
o Shelf Life when applicable
o Expiration Date when applicable
o Typed or printed name and title of authorized agent
o Signature of authorized agent
J. All records showing evidence of conformity of product are required to be maintained by the supplier for a minimum period of 7 years (unless otherwise contractually extended) regardless if copies of those records are supplied to S & S Machine, Inc. Records of conformity include, but are not limited to test results, inspections, first article inspection (FAI), and certificates of conformance / compliance, etc.
Suppliers shall notify their sub-tier providers within 30 days after receiving any DPD notification changes from us.
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 30 June 2010 )